
I apologized to everyone last time for my entry being as long as a novel. I just figured out that the only way to prevent that from happening again, is to write more than once every 5 months!!!!! So I will try to make this short and sweet.
ANDY PASSED RANGER SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!! :)
I waited and waited with great anticipation all day on Saturday and all day on Sunday to get word from Andy about this final phase. For those of you who dont know me very well you should know that i get very anxious and very nervous over every little thing. I basically got no sleep and ate nothing but girl scout cookies (that I bought for Andy) all day on Sunday. I was a nervous wreck!!!! but it was all worth it when I got the call at 8:30 pm and Andy told me that he was COMING HOME!!!!! Of course at that moment my anxiety switched from being worried about Andy passing, to the fact that we are moving to Germany in 2 weeks!!!!!! I didnt really let myself think about the move too much before I knew that Andy was graduating and now that I know, now I can start my worrying about moving to Europe!!!!
We could not be more excited (first of all, to just be together FINALLY!!!!!!! AFTER 15 WEEKS!!!!!!!) and to start our adventures in Europe!!!! We have our backpacks, tent, and adapters all ready!!! I am going to the transportation briefing tomorrow morning so I can sign up for the Army movers to come and pack us up!!! It is all very exciting and very fast paced (a little too fast, but what can I expect... I have been praying for time to fly by for the last 15 weeks... God cant just speed up & slow down time as I wish!!!!!) :)
Another funny Story... I flew back to Columbus on Friday, so I could be here when I got word from Andy. As I was driving home from the shuttle place, I said a pray in my head that I would have plenty of distractions while I waited to hear from Andy for the next 2-3 days... Right after I had these thoughts in my head, a boy slammed into the back of my car... NOT QUITE THE DISTRACTIONS I WAS TALKING ABOUT... BUT WHAT CAN YOU DO!!!!??? The boy who hit me was such a darling kid, probably only 17 or 18 and boy was he filled with southern hospitality!!! He was so apologetic and so sweet and felt so bad about what he had done. We called the insurance agency right away and he gave his statement right there and then... I have told everyone, "if every accident can be that pleasant for the rest of my life, I will be very lucky & blessed!!!!". No one was hurt, we were both very kind and pleasant to each other, and things like that really make you count your blessings and give you a better perspective of what is really important in life!!! I remember saying the words as a 5 year old little girl, "snakes die and radios get broken..." as I was consoling my sister about her snake dyeing and now I can add, "cars break and get smashed into... but LIFE GOES ON!!!" I also need to be careful what I pray for... cuz yes the car accident has been a distraction for sure!!!! ha ha ha But it really does make you count your blessings every day for a healthy body, a loving family, and an amazing husband who is now a RANGER!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Baby, I could not be more proud of you!!!!! I am so thankful for you in my life and for your strength & perseverance!!! Thank you for being such an incredible husband!!!! See you in a day!!!!!! :)
I'm glad you are safe, that Andy passed, but I can't believe you move in 2 WEEKS!!!! Love you guys
ReplyDeleteDo NOT apologize for writing lots, I love all the details!!! I am so excited for you next adventure and mostly for the fact that you actually get to go together! I'm so happy for you, and LOVE hearing all about your life and your experiences, you're such an amazing person!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy that your hubby is coming home! How excited that you are moving to Europe too! I hope you keep up your blog with lots of pictures while you are over there. And I'm glad you didn't get hurt in your car accident!
ReplyDeleteGO ANDY!! I am so glad you guys get to finally be together. I hope everything goes smoothly with the move and your new adventure in Germany!
ReplyDeleteYeah! Thanks for your text the other day. I really was praying for Andy! I'm so glad he got in. And oh my goodness! 2 weeks and your in Europe! I'm excited and anxious for you! That really is such a big move! Oh and Sorry about the accident! That's great it wasn't too bad of a hastle though!
ReplyDeleteYour poor little car! I remember another accident similar to this one involving a cup of french onion soup from Applebees :)
ReplyDeleteCongats to Andy & to you for being an amazing wife! Hope you have safe travels abroad and stay in touch! Miss you guys.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you added more to your blog! I thought you might be so busy you would forget the stalkers out here who can't get enough of you!!! Just kidding, but I am glad, although I would like some more pictures! Love you girl and am excited for your future! I just wish it weren't so far away!
ReplyDelete