The chaos consisted of moving to a new country, living in 2 different hotels, living out of suitcases, getting our German driver's licenses, having army brief after brief, taking a German class, finding a home, moving into that home, getting our household goods, having the movers unpack, trying to organize our new home, picking up our car, buying a new car, andy being gone at many trainings, meeting amazing new friends, celebrating my 27th birthday!!, traveling like cRaZy from country to country, and we think the most exciting event was FINDING OUT WE ARE PREGNANT WITH ARCHER BABY #1!!!! :) (which also tacked on many doctors appointments and a couple of months of not feeling too great!!!)
So I do apologize for the lengthy post trying to play catch up on our crazy lives and the mass amount of pictures that are to follow!!! But we are so excited to finally be able to share our beautiful journey to Germany with our close family & friends!!! YOU!!
So far since we have been here we have been fortunate enough to meet incredible new friends and travel to see incredible new sights. Some of the new sights include: 4 amazing castles including, the Berg Lichtenberg Castle (about 10 minutes from our home and has the most fabulous restaurant), the Frauenburg Castle (which is known to be the Repunsel Castle and again 10 minutes from our home), the Idar-Oberstein Castle and Church in the Rock (a beautiful Castle & Church that you have to hike up to, which is only 15 minutes from our home), and the Heidelberg Castle!! We have also been able to visit the ever so beautiful city of Trier which is one of the 1st Roman Capitals and consists of Many Roman Ruins, churches, Imperial Baths, and a gorgeous Amphitheater, and of course amazing street markets (my favorite!!!)
We also have been fortunate enough to have had our first visitor from the states!!! B-Dub (aka Britney) Johnsen one of my very best friends was able to come visit and stay with us for a couple of weeks. It was such an incredible visit and we were able to take her all around exploring many of the beautiful sights!! We were also able to go visit Paris, France for Memorial weekend which was incredible because B-Dub and Andy had never been so it was so fun to go experience that with them!!
Paris was filled every day with much sightseeing, walking, a beautiful river cruise, shopping, Les Miserable, yummy French food, and of course delicious Crepes & Chocolate Croissants!!! It was a very fast weekend, but so much fun!!
It was truly a blessing to have her come visit and play with us and we cant wait for more visitors!!! :)
The next couple of weeks Andy had a crazy work schedule which was 530AM-10PM every day (including Saturdays & Sundays)!!! so I had a lot of alone time which was spent enjoying the beautiful sunshine (FINALLY!!!) out walking at the track on post, trying to continue the never ending task of unpacking and setting up our house, and trying to get more prepared for baby Archer!!! We have decided to go with a patriotic theme for the nursery and WE ARE SO EXCITED!!!! It has been very fun trying to plan everything and a little overwhelming at times!! Luckily my mom has been amazing making crib blankets and sets with the most darling patriotic fabric!! She is also making the cutest curtains for the baby nursery!!! But of course there is still MUCH TO DO!!!! In fact instead of cleaning the house and unpacking I am sitting here blogging!! ha ha ha but that was something else on my ENDLESS TO-DO LIST so it will be a great check off the list for now!!! :)
Andy and I also just got back from a fabulous get away to London this past weekend (sorry the pictures are not ready yet). It was a great trip for us after a crazy work schedule the past 2 weeks! so it was very nice to get away on a romantic trip for 2!! We stayed in the most GORGEOUS hotel that overlooked the Tower Bridge and the Thames River!! This trip again was filled with much walking, sightseeing, delicious food, a fabulous red double-decker tour bus, going to the Sherlock Holmes Museum, walking down Baker's Street, eating at the Sherlock Holmes Pub and having Real English Fish & Chips, going to see The Lion King, watching a real Adidas Futbol Tournament, eating at an amazing Italian & Thai Restaurant, and lots of World Cup Watching!!! Over all it was a fabulous trip & I am so thankful to have such an incredible husband that loves to travel everywhere with me!!!!
And of course in true Army fashion, we got back from London on Monday and on Monday night Andy headed to a conference for the week to help get prepared for their upcoming 2 month training!! Luckily he gets back on thursday night, works on friday, and we leave for the French Riviera on Saturday morning to stay at a beautiful beach house with our amazing friends and neighbors, The Hollands!!! Then we get a week back at home to ourselves before we say goodbye for about 7 weeks!!! I just enjoy every second I get to spend with Andy because I know for a while those precious moments are far & few between!
OVER ALL, LIFE HAS BEEN CRAZY BEAUTIFUL!!!! IT IS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL LIFE & I TRULY NEED TO REMEMBER TO COUNT MY BLESSINGS EVERY DAY!!!!!! WE HOPE LIFE IS GOING GREAT FOR YOU FRIENDS!!! MAY GOD BLESS YOU & YOUR FAMILIES!!!!!! :)
Loved all the updates. I had such a great time there with you guys and it was fun being the first visitor. We need to Skype soon. Sounds like London was amazing,love you guys. -B-Dub
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!! When are you due? I love you girl and am so happy to see that you are doing so well. I kind of wish I could just call you and chat and catch up. Your blog will have to do for now :)
ReplyDeleteYou are amazing. Fantastic update and pics. Can't wait to get there.
ReplyDeleteYeh! an update on your beautiful crazy life. It is no surprise though! I would not expect anything less from your life!!! Love you girl and thanks for the update. xoxo!!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pictures! So jealous! Maybe one day! I am happy to see that you had friends there to help celebrate your birthday! :) You look great by the way!! :) I love the idea of a patriotic theme! I am sure it will be adorable. I can't wait to see it! You will have to post lots of pictures for us. So glad to see that things are going great for you. We sure do miss you!
ReplyDeleteLove ya bunches!
Lanitha
Thank you thank you thank you for all the pictures! It is gorgeous and you are completely gorgeous too Paige!! I miss you so much, I was thinking about you this morning and trying to think of a better way to keep in touch with you! I'm so glad you are doing well, I LOVE the patriotic theme for the nursery-that is super cute! I hope you are feeling better, and I hope these weeks with Andy gone will go by very quickly!!! Love you girl!!!
ReplyDeleteI have been checking for the last few months to see if you were pregnant again. I didn't want to ask in case it was a sore subject! Great news is you get pregnant easily! How far are you and when are you due?? SO excited for you cute mommy!
ReplyDelete